Friday, October 29, 2010

SoBe Hair Show 2010


I have to say I had high expectations for the SoBe hair show, in South Beach.  Bear in mind, this is just their third year.  I try to attend various hair trade shows to keep up with what's new in the industry.  As we all know,  if you're not moving you're standing still, and if you're standing still,  chances are someone else is moving past you, (and we definitely don't want that!).  Educating yourself in whatever profession you're in is always a good idea, and that's where these type of shows come in.  Okay,  enough with the lecture for the day...back to SoBe.  I think a smaller venue would have provided a much more intimate setting for a smaller show.  I also would have loved to see more exhibitors.  I'm positive that next year will be even better.
The Hair Olympics, which was hosted by celebrity stylist Derek J. from the Real Housewives of Atlanta, was my favorite part of the show.  It was awesome!  The energy of the models and performers was palpable.  
Anyway, this show is still fairly new...just 3 years old.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they mature and get bigger and better over time.  We'll be there again next year!
MyMy

Here's to happy hair days...